Friday, November 9, 2012

Loving the Local Art!

During a routine Saturday trip to the Five Seasons for swim lessons, I stumbled upon a local art exhibit displayed in their lobby.  Attached below are a few of my favorites by Gina Minotti, Mike Guyot, and photographer Marcello Mellino.  By coincidence, Marcello Mellino happens to be the father-in-law of a good friend (which I did not realize at the time), so I attached another one of his photographs I discovered at local restaurant, Georgetown.

Additionally, while strolling through a furniture shop, I stumbled upon some works by beloved artist, Mary Deutschman.  Her work is featured in an earlier blog post,
http://www.kensingtonbliss.blogspot.com/2012/01/for-love-of-art-continued.html
Finally, I provided some other local art I regularly admire at our Rocky River Rec Center.  Pam Gilliland's swimming paintings are brilliant, and the children's ArtTime Studio works are adorable and inspiring! Enjoy!

A link to Mary Deutschman's website is provided below.

http://www.marydeutschman.com/











Photograph by Marcello Mellino

Photograph by Marcello Mellino
Painting by Mary Deutschman

Painting by Mary Deutschman

Painting by Mary Deutschman 
Below are some examples of children's artwork from ArtTime Studio....











Below are paintings by Pam Gilliland. I love how her colorful, energetic brushstrokes brilliantly evoke the feeling of swimming through the water.

http://gillilanddesign.net/






No comments:

Post a Comment