Saturday, January 12, 2013

Silly over Stripes...

Ever since I painted my (now six year old) son's nursery walls in a large scale robins egg blue and beige stripe, I have fallen in love with wide stripes on everything from upholstery, to curtains, to bedding, to walls, to you-name-it....There is something so visually stunning, energetic, and rhythmic about stripes while maintaining a crisp and clean vibe.  Provided below are photos from various sources of decor pieces with varying stripe colors and scales.

With respect to curtains, I favor the quiet, seamless, blending-into-the-woodwork-so-to-speak minimal pattern/design OR the other extreme: large graphic statement patterns.  I recently stumbled upon a variety of beautiful photos of horizontal striped curtains that I am simply crazy about!  I learned that many curtain panels in the below photos were impressively handmade via piecing together different panels of fabric or painting methods...I have been known to take on a DIY project or two, but this just sounds a bit tedious for someone with ZERO sewing skills or ZERO blocks of time greater than 30 minutes....



Wide stripes painted for my son, Jack's nursery...
Designed and painted name letters for Jack's room...(one of the few DIY projects I have tackled...)


Various photos of horizontal wide striped curtains....

via theyellowcapecod, love the pop of a bold color (in this case, hot pink) used in combination with black and white graphic pattern...

via bhg.com, love the color combo of the pale blue walls with bold salmon/hot pink stripes...

via thenestingplace, how serene is this neutral palette little nook! Also love the traditional and contemporary mix of elements...

via reasonstobreathe, this one might be my favorite...love the unique mix of colors, textures, and scales, and always a fan of orange and blue!

via athoughtfulplace, love the beige and white stripes...gives this quaint room tons of personality...also love the pops of grass green accents! Cool light fixture too, btw...

via Little Green Notebook, I admire this blogger for her creativity and resourcefulness!

via Pineapple House via decorpad, how cozy and charming is this fireplace room...picturing myself curling up on the couch with a coffee, good book, and views of snow covered mountains...

via Amanda Carol, I am crazy about her successful mix of bold graphic patterns...not easy to pull this off...the trellis rug, Greek key dresser, striped curtains, and pop of hot pink slipper chair....love, love, love!

via West Elm
via West Elm





Various sources for other fun striped pieces....

From Mark & Graham 

Love the bold stripe, monochromatic color scheme, AND mix of textures (cotton and suede)

LOVE the beautiful color combo of natural linen with pops of bold colors...hmmmm, coincidentally, these colors match my assortment of WY salad plates (see below) in hot pink, orange, green, and blue, but I digress...



Getting back to the stripes, from Serena and Lily... 

I have always loved this S & L chocolate brown striped bedding for a boy's room...




How adorable are these little onesies?! OK, I need NOT get any crazy ideas of having any more babies...


From Wisteria...
Love this French blue and white stripe color combo for everything!



From West Elm...















From Pottery Barn...












No comments:

Post a Comment