Thursday, April 25, 2013

Favorite Gray/Brown/Taupe Paint Colors...

This morning my sister (who lives in Charlotte, NC) was asking for some paint color ideas for her deck, and I suggested taupe, as I think this would make a beautiful neutral backdrop color for her outdoor furniture, colorful flowers, etc.  Of course, this led to an entire exploration of taupe colors in general.  Wanted to share my findings of some favorite options for both interior and exterior use.

I recognize that many designers claim this taupe trend has already run its course....yet, I still LOVE this color and think it is a timeless choice...

From Elements of Style Blog....
Just one of many inspiration photos of a kitchen I LOVE combining the taupe cabinetry with the gold hardware...love how the warm gold tone pops against the taupe backdrop....


1. Benjamin Moore Alexandria Beige HC-77





2. Benjamin Moore Berkshire Beige AC-2





3. Benjamin Moore Bennington Gray







4. Benjamin Moore Briarwood (EXT)






5. Benjamin Moore Chelsea Gray








6. Benjamin Moore Clarksville Gray HC-102





7. Benjamin Moore Copley Gray
(our home in Charlotte had this color throughout the interior, and we received TONS of compliments...can't take any credit since we inherited the paint color!)


In our old dining room in Charlotte, throwing a baby shower for my friend Megan Fields (and clearly pregnant myself with our 1st, Jack)




8. Benjamin Moore Davenport Tan




9. Benjamin Moore Fairview Taupe



10. Benjamin Moore Gettysburg Gray







11. Benjamin Moore Kingsport Gray



12. Benjamin Moore Nantucket Gray






13. Benjamin Moore November Rain 2142-60




14. Benjamin Moore Pashmina








15. Benjamin Moore Raccoon Hallow 978







16. Benjamin Moore Rockport Gray






17. Benjamin Moore Sag Harbor Gray





18. Benjamin Moore Texas Leather AC-3






19. Sherwin Williams Virtual Taupe




20. Benjamin Moore Whitall Brown
(a favorite of designer Mary McDonald)





With such a wide array of paint colors, choosing the perfect one is enough to make your head spin.  What is YOUR favorite neutral?

Addendum:
I am looking for a warm, lighter taupey-tan for our basement built-ins...I am looking at the following:

SW 6149 Relaxed Khaki
BM HC-80 Bleeker Beige
BM HC-82 Bennington Gray
BM HC-83 Grant Beige
BM HC-95 Sag Harbor Gray
BM HC-172 Revere Pewter

I found this little reference list and wanted to include with some additional paint colors...(source unknown)

3 comments:

  1. I’m still learning from you, but I’m trying to achieve my goals. I certainly love reading everything that is posted on your website.Keep the update coming. I liked it!
    Paints colour ideas Nepal
    Cheap paints colors Nepal

    ReplyDelete
  2. When our highly owned commercial property gets discolored, we again try to give a fresh and modern look with an exclusive texture of the painting. So while searching the best Painters in Sydney, go for a skilled and dedicated painter who can give your property a trendy look.

    ReplyDelete