Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Looking for gift ideas? ADORABLE Etsy Discovery: It's Not Business

After searching high and low for a fun, unique birthday gift for my 11-yr old niece, Annie, I discovered the cutest source on Etsy, It's Not Business Shop.  When I asked my sister for some gift ideas, she gave me arts/crafts, books, soccer shorts from Dick's.  Left with this clue, I would have bought a random array of art supplies (seriously, this is something Mom can pick up at Target), likely the wrong soccer shorts (who knows what 11-yr old girls wear these days? apparently they no longer wear men's boxer shorts like we did, ha!), and don't even get me started on selecting the wrong book, (likely some nerdy classic that also happens to be her English homework.)  So, as much I as I typically favor such 'safe-but-practical-gifts-i-know-they-will-use', I decided to go out on a limb, and pick something fun and different.  Surprise is usually good, right?  And, who doesn't like a good monogram? It always makes for a special gift.  I hope she likes it!

Sometimes, the monogram thing can be overdone and cheesy...but I stumbled upon the cutest shop with fun metallic monograms on everything from pillows to mouse pads to wine koozies (who knew?) to onesies.  AND, they combine so much that I love: gold lettering, LARGE scale, bold colors, and greek-key borders. So. Darn. Cute.  I picked a hot pink pillow like the one in the top photo...See below for more samples....




Monogram Throw Pillow Cover - Hot Pink Metallic Gold or Silver Monogram

Monogram Throw Pillow Cover - Kelly Green Metallic Gold or Silver Monogram


Monogram Throw Pillow Cover - Dark Teal Navy Metallic Gold or Silver Monogram

Monogram Throw Pillow Cover - Gray Gold or Silver Monogram


Monogram Throw Pillow Cover - Cream Metallic Gold or Silver Monogram


Monogram Throw Pillow Cover - Teal Coral Chinoise Frame Metallic Gold or Silver Monogram

Wine Koozie- Multi Designs Quatrefoil Chevron Herringbone


Monogram Throw Pillow Cover - Coral Teal Gray Metallic Gold or Silver Monogram

Baby Onesie - Made In...Texas Georgia Alabama  Personalized Customized

Baby Onesie - Birth Baby Announcement Personalized Customized Baby Name Initials

Coasters  - Square or Round Chevron Print Personalized Monogram

12oz Bottle Zippered Koozie- Zig Zag Print Design Personalized Monogram

12oz Can Koozie- Small Diagonal Stripes Personalized Monogram

Monogram Throw Pillow Cover - Swirly Baby Name Pillow

12oz Can Koozie-What Happens on the Boat, STAYS on the Boat

Baby Onesie - Monogram Personalized Customized Baby Name Initials

iPad Case - Chevron Personalized Monogram Custom Personalized

iPad Case - Moroccan Print Metallic Gold Personalized Monogram Custom Personalized

Mouse Pad - Multi Color Hand Drawn Arrows Monogram Custom Personalized

I love Etsy for these fun, unique finds.  AND, I love that I am supporting a local business, likely some creative stay-at-home-Mom who is fulfilling her passion.  I just hope Annie loves this gift as much as I do!  Enjoy ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment