Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Cameron Diaz Wedding Gown?

If you have perused any news sources in the last few days, it is no surprise that Cameron Diaz reportedly just tied the knot with her beau-recently-turned-fiance, Benji Madden.   The celeb sources have yet to publish any photos from her wedding, but I thought it would be fun to predict/guess/make-a-wish for her wedding gown...

I am not typically one to be overly star-struck, nor do I obsess or follow the celeb news too much (OK, OK, a bit here and there ; )).  So, this is a rather random blog post coming from me. But, I have always been a big fan of this adorable and quirky actress, since I saw her in fav roles such as in The Mask, My Best Friend's Wedding, There's Something About Mary, The Holiday, etc.  Also, I am not exactly the bridezilla type who grew up dreaming about every wedding detail (much less the dress).  But, I do love fashion and design...so here it goes!!

Evidently, Diaz has historically been rather elusive about the topic of marriage, almost refuting the idea.  So, I do not picture her to choose the stereotypical princess-bride gown.  Also, this California girl's style seems to range from laid-back cool (by street) to edgy and sophisticated (by red carpet), so there could be a wide range of style options that would work for her.  One thing is certain, she has a long and lean killer figure that would look amazing in most anything.

I suspect she will go for some kind of statement either on top or bottom, and then keep the other part very sleek and chic....(which is my preference for wedding gowns, regardless).  I love the idea of an illusion gown with subtle sheer or lace detail in the neck/shoulder area, and/or a cap sleeve.  OR, something very simple on top with the dynamic detail in the skirt...

These are a few that I think would be beautiful on her....

I love the silhouette of this Victoria Kyriakides gown... 

...The back is my FAV (but perhaps with a more modest V)

And here, I love the romantic vibe of a cap-sleeve gown for her,
like this Monique Lhuillier...

or this...Monique Lhuillier

Another illusion top w cap sleeves by Badgely Mischka

And, how about this killer back view, again by Badgely Mischka?


Or, this 'modern Victorian' style with cap sleeve and 
a slim, chic silhouette by Badgely Mischka

Here, a cap sleeve with a little edge 
in the deep v-neck by Carolina Herrera


Or, this beautiful, unique lace detail along the neck 
with sleek silhouette by Oscar de la Renta?


Another cap sleeve with deep v-neck by Reem Acra

And here, a beautiful deep v-back w 
intricate lace/beadwork/embroidery? by Vera Wang

Although this is more 'bride-like' than I would expect for her, 
I could picture the simple top with drama 
in the skirt such as in this Monique Lhuillier


Or this simple-on-top with drama-on-bottom by Badgely Mischka


Or this curve hugging fishtail, by Yumi Katsura


Perhaps not 'edgy' enough for her, but I love this Monique Lhuillier

...and this Monique Lhuillier


Which (if any) are your favorites? I can't wait to see the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment