Monday, August 14, 2017

Caroline's Window Treatments Continued...

I have been MIA on the blogging front this summer! We have been so busy over the last month or so traveling for two family weddings in Michigan, having our good friends from St. Louis visit us in Cleveland, and traveling to St. Louis to visit my family.  The kids start school a week from tomorrow, so I am scrambling to get everything organized and ready for school while also trying to enjoy these last few days of summer!

As I was waiting on some samples to arrive to choose the fabric for my daughter, Caroline's bedroom roman shades, we took a family vacation to beautiful Mackinac Island, Michigan.  We had so much fun biking, exploring, enjoying the beautiful scenery, sprawling lawns, quaint homes, etc. During a bike ride one day, we stopped in the charming and preppy Grand Hotel cafe, the Jockey Club.  I was inspired by this adorable floral fabric awning that spanned the entire ceiling of their outdoor patio, and I thought perhaps something colorful and floral might be fun in Caroline's room. So, I decided to order some Lilly Pulitzer fabric samples and I am debating on the fabrics below. The only tricky part is that I picked a very coral-y pink for the striped walls in her room, and they don't exactly complement the more bold hot pink and bubble-gum pinks in many of these Lilly fabrics, so I may pick a primarily green or blue print...Also, some of the fabrics have a heavier cotton texture which I love, while others have a more flimsy polyester feel, which I don't.

These top few are my favorites thus far....

Although, I am still hung up on this one as a possibility OR....

I love this one too...



Hibiscus Stroll

Minty Fresh on the Rocks

Nosie Posey

Cluck

Turquoise Exbloomsion

Trunk in Love

Swept by the Tides

Green Everything Nice


Portrait of a Picnic


Worth Blue May Flower

In a Pinch

Fronds Place


1 comment:

  1. I like Green everything nice. It pulls the pink and green together but it is hard to tell from the photo.

    ReplyDelete