Saturday, January 12, 2013

Delicious Details in Downton Abbey

I just recently started watching the first two seasons of PBS hit show, Downton Abbey.  After just the first few episodes, I became mesmerized by the plot lines, character development, period details, and cultural nuances of this period piece, including the gorgeous costume design!  It is almost distracting to the story line to get caught up in the fascinating, intricate, and ornate designs in everything from the dresses to the damask wallpaper to the draperies.  I particularly love Lady Mary's feminine, delicate, and sweet ensembles, interestingly contrasting her edgier personality.  

I am just getting to know the characters and story lines, so I am certain more blogging is to come on this intriguing masterpiece! Stay tuned...
























No comments:

Post a Comment