Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Emerald Green Chairs - Downton Abbey Finale Favorite!

We finally got around to watching the grand finale of Downton Abbey!  I am so sad this show has come to an end.  My husband and I have loved watching this over the years and we will miss it so much!  I have blogged about various aspects of the show, from the fascinating historical fiction to the rich character development to the delicious setting, scenery, costumes, and interiors.  This show has been a design lover's dream!

Prior Downton Abbey posts....

http://kensingtonbliss.blogspot.com/2013/02/design-haven-downton-abbey.html

http://kensingtonbliss.blogspot.com/2014/02/loving-shift-in-fashion-downton-abbey.html

http://kensingtonbliss.blogspot.com/2015/02/devine-fashion-downton-abbey-season-5.html

Although the finale was certainly all about happy endings, I thought it was a bit rushed in its quest to tie up EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE loose end.  It was almost too squeaky clean.  Of course, I am happy Lady Edith reunited with her prince charming, Anna finally gave birth to her sweet baby boy, Mary shared the exciting news of expecting a baby with new hubbie, Talbot, and even Thomas (despite viewers' most often dislike) got his own happy ending as the new butler once Carson semi-retires.

Yet, my favorite aspect of the show is the appearance of that fabulous KELLY GREEN dining room at Brancaster Castle, Lady Edith's new home...Ever since I spotted Grant K. Gibson's stunning dining room from the 2011 San Francisco Decorator Showcase (see photo below), I have been longing for kelly green.  I first brought this bold green into our previous home via our master bedroom walls.  It was a MAJOR project to find the right shade of green, and then of course, we moved.  Since then, I have been wanting to re-introduce green into our new home, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger.  I've debated between walls, a couch, and now, dining chairs.  I was REALLY tempted to purchase these emerald green dining chairs from Cost Plus World Market, but I feared they lean a bit too blue.  Yet, I really want a padded seat and an easy-to-clean fabric (for our kitchen), so I settled on a different leather chair from World Market in a neutral 'cognac' color, that will have to do for now.

Below are a few inspiration photos of dining rooms with fun green chairs....One of these days, perhaps!


Brancaster Castle - Downton Abbey Season Finale

Brancaster Castle - Downton Abbey Season Finale

Grant K. Gibson's San Francisco Decorator Showcase

Anne Hepfer Designs

Evars and Anderson

J. Wheeler Designs

Ben Pentreath Interiors

Kate Spade Worthington Chair

Cost Plus World Market Chairs
A World Market Reviewer actually posted a photo of her dining room with these chairs...not bad for the price!!

Cost Plus World Market - Sophia Chair in Cognac
This is what I ended up picking for our kitchen, not a bad price at $69 each on sale this week!
(I didn't want to invest in anything too nice since my little ones tend to give our furniture plenty of wear and tear!)


No comments:

Post a Comment