Thursday, April 13, 2017

Lacquered Green Dresser - BM Grassy Fields

Happy GREEN Spring!! I recently bought a vintage dresser from Sucheta Bhide, of ETSY's The Resplendent Crow, who runs her business out of my home town, St. Louis.  Sucheta was SO awesome to deal with, I would highly recommend. She was very responsive, her work is beautiful, and she worked hard to find a shipper who could deliver the dresser in a rush before we left for spring break.  She scouts local estate sales, etc., for those vintage, solid, high quality mahogany furniture pieces and custom lacquers them to your desired color.  I love these old pieces since they were built with solid woods, attention to detail, and a stand-the-test-of-time sturdiness, that is often hard to come by with furniture pieces manufactured today.

I wish I could say I painted this myself, but alas, I did not.  I actually did paint a similar dresser white and yellow stripes as I was moving to Chicago post-college, but when it comes to lacquer, it is best left to the pros! I tested six different green colors before I found the right one. I tried out Benjamin Moore (BM) Bunker Hill Green, BM Nile Green, BM Irish Moss, Behr Pine Scent, and Behr Mossy Green, but ultimately settled on BM Grassy Fields.

I have been wanting a green dresser for several years, (I have especially loved the green campaign style dresser) but finally pulled the trigger on a vintage traditional English-style piece. We are renovating our upstairs above our garage to create two bedrooms out of one large space. Below are some inspiration photos of green lacquered dressers, chests, hutches, etc.  I would love to design her room with the following elements, starting with this green dresser: blue and white chinoiserie lamps or vases, pink or coral bold stripes, a pink vintage Kazak rug (I also found on ETSY), possibly a palm leaf print and/or other fun prints...I recently saw an adorable llama pattern that I love from Claire Bella Studio (see below).  I can't wait to pull the room together! I put together an inspiration board of these ideas for her room...Happy Spring!


My daughter, Caroline, and her new dresser from The Resplendent Crow
BM Grassy Fields, used for dresser above


LOVE these patterns, esp the adorable llamas, from Claire Bella Studio....




Inspiration Board I created for Caroline's bedroom....

Dimples & Tangles - Love this color scheme of kelly greens, indigo blues, and hot pinks...

4inspirationsphotographyBLOG

ArtIsBeauty.net

Burlap and Lace

Decor Pad

Dimples and Tangles - she used Behr's Pine Scent

Jenny Tamplin - BM Bunker Hill Green
HGTV Magazine - Sherwin Williams Talipot Palm
Opal Design Group - SW Houseplant

DwellingsByDevore.com - She used Behr Moss Landing

Hometalk.com

HoneySweetHome.Blogspot

HoneySweetHome.Blogspot

Lonny

LostandFoundDecor

Modern Haus

One Kings Lane

ThisThatAndLife.com - Clover Green

No comments:

Post a Comment