Monday, January 9, 2012

Atlanta, GA: House #4


On to our next destination: Atlanta, Georgia. We settled in an area called Bucktown, which was eight miles outside downtown Atlanta, filled with beautiful old neighborhoods, world class shopping, restaurants, cultural attractions and lush, almost rainforest-like landscape.  The cost of living was significantly higher than that of south Charlotte, but we were excited about living in such a culturally delicious city. Although we picked a home almost double the price than that of our former, we were only one mile from my husband's office and as we were expecting our first child, this was priceless!  Of course, to my dismay, he did not entertain my vision of him dressed in a full suit, in 90 degree weather commuting to work via bicycle.


Our large kitchen, great for entertaining...I loved the color scheme the builder picked for this area: warm, neutral and inviting.



Our backyard was not big, but it was very pretty with huge tall pine trees (one of which fell during a storm onto a neighbor's home, yikes)

Our master bath which we loved so much, we used the design in our remodel of our Cleveland home.

We finished the third floor attic into a large guest suite...our first renovation project!

View from our entryway foyer


Family room...we had large rooms with hardwoods. Thankfully the rugs we purchased from Stark outlet in Charlotte fit perfectly! The color even complemented the soft green walls.
First design project: nursery for our first baby-to-be, Jack...
The basis for design of the nursery was this adorable fabric from the Mary Jo's cloth store (Charlotte, NC). I used it for the crib bed skirt, ties, pillows, etc., and had them custom made (which turned out to be more reasonable than many ready-made crib sets). My Mom even surprised me with a baby quilt with different coordinating fabrics.  I must give props to my friend Katie Schwaneke for giving me this great tip, as she did for her nursery.

Decided on wide eggshell blue and beige stripes to give the room some fun visual impact and whimsy!
Coincidentally found a shower curtain from Home Goods in my selected fabric!



Since I was not impressed with any name/letter wall art, I decided to design and paint my own with canvas, paint and ribbon from Michael's. 

My "JACK" name sign I designed and painted and the quilt my Mother made with the crib fabric I picked.




By chance I found a cute little ottoman from Home Goods in my selected fabric!

 A painting from my Mother's house in perfect colors for this room!

No comments:

Post a Comment