Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Our family room as decorated when we first moved into our home in Cleveland...it needed a little MORE love...

I thought the painting above the couch was lost on the large wall, so I created my own art via a series of 8x10 photos of our kids in frames purchased at Michaels...I also painted the walls a brighter Benjamin Moore Palladian blue for more impact...improvement indeed! (please ignore the random stash of toys on either side of couch!)

A little bit of Missoni for Target love in the background : )
This room continues to evolve by mixing up the accessories.  I cannot seem to get enough of the endless array of animal prints...found this area rug on Ballarddesigns.com. I love the graphic, funky design and it hides kid-induced scuff marks beautifully!

I found matching trunks (two different sizes) at my local Marshall's store. I liked the  grass-cloth texture and chocolate brown-with-nail-head trim.

To my husband's dismay, I have a crazy obsession with throw pillows...what easier way to mix it up with colorful fabrics and textures. 

Love the large scale Ikat design...found this on Etsy


These two red Ikat pillows were purchased from Etsy - love, love, love this site!!


I love using my grandmother's antique silver hammered bowl for serving or centerpieces! 
Newest find in a local home design boutique called Tonic Home...I fell in love with the gold finish (complementing the gold wreaths hanging on adjacent windows), bamboo, and greek key motifs....


Created a wall of photos with 8x10s of the kids in plastic frames from Michael's hung with blue and beige striped ribbon in my son, Jack's room.


Favorite One Kings Lane purchase: David Hicks rug for my son, Jack's room. I was hesitant to make such a purchase online, but the colors worked out beautifully in his room.

My mother-in-law was so sweet to make me the most gorgeous king sized quilt for our guest room in fabrics I selected. She is an avid and talented quilt maker!
Found this adorable cane-pattern flat weave wool rug from Garnet Hill for our guest bedroom...periwinkle blue shade perfectly complements the blues in the quilt.




Framed cool vacation-scene photography from our trip to St. Thomas for a little art above the guest bed.

Multi-tasking Missoni Mug

I could not help but purchase these signs during a trip to Home Goods (searching for something COMPLETELY unrelated of course)...as my three kids aged 5 and under were melting down in the cart (who can blame them?)




Decided to replace rectangular coffee table with dangerous sharp corners with this more kid-friendly (southwest-inspired?) ottoman from Pottery Barn...besides, I loved that the large graphic print gave the room some needed color, given the sea of brown leather! 


Bright yellow cheery lamps seem to give the room a little lift!

loving all things chevron...found these multi-purpose painted buckets at One Kings' Lane

Target seems to always have fantastic tableware....found this Ikat tray - so fun and versatile!

Had a few pillows made from a delicious metallic gold and chocolate velvet zebra fabric I found...easiest way to change up a room!

The prior owner of our home wallpapered the bathroom ceiling with this adorable paper...intended to mimic gardens at Versailles....so whimsical and fun!


Arranged little melamine Ikat bowls from Target in a row along our oven shelf...love the colorful pattern! 


Gold metallic flecked cowhide rug....found at Mary Jo's cloth store (NC) website (initially inspired by one displayed at local boutique, Tonic Home)....total bliss!!

Our front landscaping pre-excavation project..I love the pink and white begonias in the summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment