Tuesday, January 17, 2012

For the love of art/design continued...

During a trip to Santa Fe, NM with my Mom a few years ago, we met a talented artist named Barbara Meikle. She painted various subjects from landscapes to horses to vintage trucks (of which I am obsessed) with vivid color schemes. Her style reminded me of LeRoy Neiman's...here are links to some of my favs...
Barbara Meikle's "Family Ties"


(MY FAV!!! horses)
Barbara Meikle's "Yellow Truck"

http://www.barbmeikle.com/15.htm
(vintage truck)
Barbara Meikle's "Cloudplay, the Sangres"

(landscape)

In the spirit of the southwest, I saw these cool Frye boots in the latest Sundance catalog...how fun!

While we were living in Atlanta, I came across a pastel artist named Martha Bator that I LOVED, and she even invited me to see her work in her home studio. I attached images of her work below.  Such a treat! 

Martha Bator's "Wellfleet" (Cape Cod)

Martha Bator's "Savannah Stroll"


Today's One King's Lane featured Jill Rosenwald Rugs...thinking about this for my little girl, Caroline's room....I saw more of her adorable designs on (click here)...
What a bright and cheery rug for a little girls' room!
How cute are these chevron mugs! love the color combo too!


Multipurpose vase. Love the color and design!
Fabulous lamp! Strong graphic pattern and ombre-esque color scheme. Brilliant! 






No comments:

Post a Comment