Sunday, April 27, 2014

St. Louis Treasure: The Magic House

During a recent trip to my hometown, St. Louis, we rediscovered one of this city's finest treasures.  I had not been since I was a child, so we took the kids to the Magic House, the St. Louis Children's Museum.  WOW.  All I can say is WOW.  This place is a learning haven for both children and adults (and let's face it, the most passionate nerds among us)  ; )

http://www.magichouse.org/index.php

As the website states, kids have the opportunity to "touch an electrically charged ball and make your hair stand on end, push a giant pin screen to create a 3-D impression of yourself, spin the giant kaleidoscope wheel and produce a dazzling display of colorful symmetrical patterns and express your artistic side in the Art Studio".  Ummmm, can I just move in?  From the insanely large bubbles to the 3 story slide to the math puzzles, bell-curve/probability distribution..... I am not sure if it was more entertaining for the kids or adults in our group!!  Everyone had a ball, and we didn't even get through half the place.  The best part is that it is located in Kirkwood, not far from my parents' home.

I can't wait to go back during our next visit.  I feel so fortunate to share this unique attraction with my kiddos whenever we travel to St. Louis.  Thank you, Magic House!

Some photos from their website....








Some photos from our visit....



































No comments:

Post a Comment