Monday, April 7, 2014

Local STL Discovery: Byrd Designer Consignment Boutique

While visiting my hometown, St. Louis, over the weekend, I popped into (owner) Emily Elbert's adorable Byrd Designer Consignment Boutique, that I suspect (based on its inventory) may be the town's best kept shopping secret.  I am not sure which I loved more, its fabulous interiors or unique inventory.  Evidently, Elbert purchased this store from its previous owner and recently relocated from its original location on Maryland Avenue in Clayton to the Colonial Marketplace on Ladue Road.  


According to St. Louis Magazine's Rosalind Early, Elbert enlisted interior designer Jacob Laws, senior designer with CURE Design Group to give it a "really fantastic woman's walk-in closet" feel.  With modern furniture, fixtures, and a neutrally-chic color palette, they can certainly check this off the to-do list!  Furthermore, the owner happened to be working both times I visited, and she could not have been more warm, welcoming, knowledgeable, and friendly.  Finally, I love that she carries a variety of interesting jewelry pieces from local designers.

I purchased a fun gold/brass and turquoise cuff from local designer, Jen Cook's Juxtapose Jewelry line.  She incorporates vintage brooches, earrings, cuff links, etc., into modern cuffs, statement necklaces, and rings. It is always nice to see small businesses support one another.

When I walked in, I was wowed by the dynamic black and tan, large scale, chevron floors made of striated tile to resemble wood (Mary McDonald would swoon), sleek leather and chrome chairs, and funky chandeliers...


I first stumbled upon this little gem over Christmas while visiting a neighboring shop.  I snatched up a very cool black Gucci dress that was a fraction of its original (most likely unthinkable) price.  Additionally, for under $100, I picked up the cutest animal print MZ Wallace (perhaps my favorite line of handbags) purse for my Mom, on which she has claimed to have received many compliments.


Gucci dress I stumbled upon...

MZ Wallace Bag I bought for my Mom ; )

A selection of Jen Cook pieces from her 'Juxtapose Jewelry' line
that can be found at Byrd Boutique...
(minus the cute gold and turquoise turtle cuff which I purchased over the weekend) ; )

Love this funky Sutton Lasater (local artist) statement necklace  

http://byrdstyle.com/

http://www.stlmag.com/St-Louis-Magazine/January-2014/Byrd-Designer-Consignment-Boutique-Undergoes-Remodel/

http://www.stlmag.com/Blogs/The-Good-The-Bad-The-Lovely/January-2014/Three-Stylish-and-Successful-St-Louis-Boutique-Rebrands/

No comments:

Post a Comment