Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Caroline's Room: Bold Coral Pink Stripes....

I am currently re-designing my daughter's bedroom, and I have decided to go with a bold coral pink 20 inch horizontal stripe.  I think it will be a fun companion to the kelly green dresser I recently purchased from The Resplendent Crow, as mentioned in my earlier post, http://kensingtonbliss.blogspot.com/2017/04/lacquered-green-dresser-bm-grassy-fields.html, along with blue accents.

I am in the throws of paint color selection and it is always a challenge!! I have gathered inspiration pics of various rooms with different shades of coral-y pink...

I am debating between the following pinks:
BM Pink Canopy 010, BM Phoenix Sand 017, BM Coral Buff 024
SW Youthful Coral, Jovial, and Koral Kicks...

Addendum...OK, After testing these fun coral colors, I have concluded that although I LOVE them by day, they lean VERY orange (almost a bad panty-hose stocking look) at night. I've researched that it is better to love your paint color by day than by night. However, with our bedrooms, we spend most of our time in there reading at bedtime, and I think it will be hard to stomach these colors screaming at us.  SO, the search continues with a cooler pink. I have SW Hopeful, SW Lovable, SW Bella Pink, BM Smashing Pink, BM Bed of Roses, BM Pink Sea Shell, Behr Blush Rush, and Behr Taffy Twist.

Addendum2 - After living with the samples leaning against the wall, I have decided to stick to the more coral shades, but go much lighter, to give a softer overall look. I am debating BM Rose Petal or BM Pink Harmony. I think a softer, blush shade will have more longevity and is a bit more sophisticated.

Final Pick - SW Koral Kicks - I LOVE this shade! Its softer than it appears in this Instragram-filtered-photo...Perfect balance of coral-y pink and a fun stripe for her bedroom!


I put together this inspiration board for her bedroom as a starting point...



Fun fabric swatches from Clarabella Studios
Benjamin Moore




Benjamin Moore
BEHR

Sherwin Williams

SW Bella Pink
Benjamin Moore Rose Petal


TameraMowry.com  BM Cadillac Pink and BM Rose Petal (darker stripe)
BM Creamy Peach via @anoblehome
A La Mode - BM Pink Harmony
Studio McGee - BM Love & Happiness
SW White Dogwood - Mrs Howard ATL Showroom



SW Mellow Coral via Probably This



BM Salmon Peach 2013-50 w a gold glaze over, Jamie Drake via House Beautiful


BM Passionfruit

BM Blushing Brilliance 009 via Sohaute.com
Sunkissed Apricot by BEHR

BM Blushing Brilliance 009 via Sohaute.com


BM Coral Buff 024 (ceiling) Tilton Fenwick via Lacqueredlife.com

BM Coral Buff 024 (ceiling) Tilton Fenwick via Lacqueredlife.com
BM Conch Shell via Elle Decor

BM Cool Lava
House Beautiful, not sure of this pink color
BM Cool Lava
Love the color palette of pinks, blues, oranges, and greens
BM Fruitshake via Laurel Bern Interiors
SW Pink Moment via FavoritePaintColorsBlog.com

RL Jackie Pink
   


Blog.ThereComesAyes.com ...Stripes are  BM Country Pink Atrium White Pink Popsicle (credenza)



SW Naive Peach via BHG
HomeStoriesAtoZ.com SW Hopeful
HomeStoriesAtoZ.com SW Hopeful

Not 100% sure, but I believe this is BM Smashing Pink
Mary McDonald my design hero....BM Coral Pink 2003-50



Interesting paint application in a fun coral hue by Nicole White

BM Coral Gables

BM Coral Gables
SW Jovial by Luxe Report Designs via Glampad

By my latest design crush, Brian Patrick Flynn, love this color combo of blues, corals, and greens
Love this fun bedroom via Joss and Main...bold graphic patterned wall and rug w pops of pink, orange, green, blue

HGTV - Liz Carroll? BM Touch of Pink?


BM Early Sunrise 2084-60 Designs by Duncan, Love the fun idea of the striped ceilings!

PBK Pom Pom Basket
I adore this Peter Dunham Bukara fabric and wallpaper but it is PRI-CEY (may settle for throw pillows)
I adore this Peter Dunham Bukara fabric and wallpaper but it is PRI-CEY (may settle for throw pillows)

Fun Pillow via ETSY
Love the blues and corals in this cheerful bedroom!
unknown source

Love the Greek Key valences in this fun room by Bailey McCarthy - BM Habanero Pepper

Andrew Howard



Design Sponge
For reference, I also collected names of softer blush pinks...

Em Hendersen - BM Sugarcane 1185, Calamine, Pink Moire, Coastal Cottage, Tissue Pink, Love & Happiness
Tilton Fenwick - Coral Buff ceiling
Becki Owens - Yours Truly 1317
Mary McDonald - Coral Pink 2003-50

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get thé bed cover in the smashing pink room?

    ReplyDelete