Friday, April 5, 2013

Celebrate Mad Men Season 6: Favorite Mad Men Quotations...


Who is ready for the AMC drama, Mad Men Season 6 season premiere Sunday, April 7, 9 p.m. ET? Not sure if I am more excited about the exceptional writing, intriguing character development, quirky plot dramas, period design/culture detail, or just Don Draper... OK, OK, I said it.  To celebrate the upcoming season, I wanted to share some of my favorite Mad Men quotations from prior seasons, (thanks to tvfanatic.com)


Also, to view some fun pics from prior seasons, click on link below to a prior post...

The below link is an interesting NYT article about the upcoming season...


Below link to another Hollywood Reporter article, a refresher on where things left off from last season...

Finally, the following link provides some fun Season 6 photos...

Some favorite Mad Men Quotations...

Season 5

Roger: You gonna tell me what you're gonna talk about, or is my look of surprise part of the sales pitch?


Don: I already said no, or should I leave so you all can do whatever you want?


Michael: I feel bad for you.
Don: I don't think about you at all.

Roger: Who knows why people in history did good things? For all we know Jesus was trying to get the loaves and fishes account.

Bert: You've been on love leave. It's amazing things are going as well as they are with as little as you are doing.

Don: Mohawk is going to insist on a regular copywriter.
Roger: Someone with a penis.
Peggy: I'll work on that.

Peggy: Lane beat the crap out of Pete.
Ken: I can't believe he beat me to it.

Roger: I know cooler heads should prevail, but am I the only one who wants to see this?

Pete: Brave words from a man on his second time around.
Don: Yeah, and if I had met her first I would've known not to throw it away.

Lane: England won the World Cup.
Roger: Cup of what?

Don: I married you, and I'm gonna be with you until I die...which could be this afternoon.

Pete: Where am I supposed to conduct business?
Roger: In the crapper for all I care.

Roger: Why don't you sing like that?
Jane: Why don't you look like him?

Season 4

Faye [to Don]: I hope she knows you only like the beginnings of things.

Peggy: I signed the first new business since Lucky Strike left...but it's not as important as getting married.

Don: Miss Calvet and I are getting married.
Roger: Who the hell's that?

Pete [to Don]: You did what was best for you because you're impatient and childish. You had a tantrum on a full page in the New York Times.

Don: I slept last night for the first time in a month.
Roger: You slept? Really? You weren't smiling over the taste of s**t that would be in everybody's mouth over breakfast today?

Pete: I'll lose my partnership.
Trudy: You'll lose your state room on the Titanic?

Heinz Guy: I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I don't know if your company will be here in six months.
Don: I do.

Roger: It's good not to be the reason this place went down anymore.

Roger: Well, I gotta go learn a bunch of people's names before I fire them.

Joan (to Roger): I'm not a solution to your problems. I'm another problem.

Don (to Peggy): You want some respect? Go out there and get it for yourself.

Don: It's your job. I give you money. You give me ideas.
Peggy: But you never thank me.
Don: That's what the money is for!

Don: I wouldn't be good company anyway.
Roger: That's never bothered me before.

Roger: If Lee Garner Jr. wants three wise men flown in from Jerusalem, he gets it.

Pete: We're the scrappy upstart.
Don: You don't say that to the clients do you?

Season 3

Don: If you don’t like what’s being said, change the conversation.


Roger: Peggy, can you get me some coffee?
Peggy: No.

Don: I can explain.
Betty: I know you can. You're a gifted storyteller.


Don Draper: Now that I can finally understand you, I am less impressed with what you have to say.

Ken: New York in August? It's like a great big hairy armpit museum.

Roger: I watched the sunrise today. Couldn't sleep.
Don: How was it?
Roger: Average.

Lane: I feel like I just went to my own funeral. I didn't like the eulogy.


Joan: That's life. One minute, you're on top of the world. The next, some secretary is running over your foot with a lawn mower.


Betty: Only boring people are bored.



Betty: Where's Don?
Nurse: He's in the waiting room.
Betty: Bulls**t. He's never where you expect him to be.

Harry: It doesn't make any sense. It looks right, sounds right, smells right. But something's not right. What is it?
Roger: She's not Ann-Margaret.

Roger: It's a mistake to be conspicuously happy.
Don: No one thinks you're happy. They think you're foolish.

Don: Why did you buy our company?
Price: I don't know.

Betty: Am I ever going to sleep again?

Season 2

Pete: Come on.
Don: You wanna be on vacation Pete? Cause I can make that happen.

Doctor: So, Mr. Draper, you haven't had a physical in quite some time.
Don Draper: Yeah. I eat a lot of apples.

Season 1

Joan Holloway: I said congratulations, didn't I? Although, sometimes when people get what they want they realize how limited their goals were.

Don Draper: Nostalgia - it's delicate, but potent. Teddy told me that in Greek, "nostalgia" literally means "the pain from an old wound." It's a twinge in your heart far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn't a spaceship, it's a time machine. It goes backwards, and forwards... it takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It's not called the wheel, it's called the carousel. It let's us travel the way a child travels - around and around, and back home again, to a place where we know are loved.

Roger: What else is there?
Don: I don't know. Life being lived? I'd like to stop talking about it and get back to it

Don Draper: I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie, there is no system, the universe is indifferent.

Roger Sterling: (to Don) At some point, we've all parked in the wrong garage.

Pete Campbell: I have ideas.
Don Draper: I'm sure you do. Sterling Cooper has more failed artists and intellectuals than the Third Reich

Roger Sterling: I bet there were people in the Bible walking around, complaining about "kids today."
Don Draper: Kids today, they have no one to look up to. Cuz they're looking up to us.

Rachel Menken: It's hard to get caught in a lie.
Don Draper: It wasn't a lie, it was ineptitude with insufficient cover.

Don Draper: What you call love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons.



Don: We should get married.
Midge: You think I'd make a good ex-wife?

Don Draper: Advertising is based on one thing, happiness. And you know what happiness is? Happiness is the smell of a new car. It's freedom from fear. It's a billboard on the side of the road that screams reassurance that whatever you are doing is okay. You are okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment