Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Our messy, chocolate-y, colorful Valentine's Day prep...(and other Feb pics..)

My favorite valentine this year...from my 6 year old son, Jack...When he is 17 and angry that I won't let him go to Cancun with his buddies, I am going to pull out this note to remind him that he DOES in fact still love me!








A quick shout-out and THANK YOU to local St. Louis/Kirkwood Schnuck's for the flowers they sent my Mom for her birthday....I was beyond impressed with the outcome...I made a few requests for what to put in the arrangement, but they far exceeded my expectations!!
My 6-yr old, Jack's illustration of the 2013 Superbowl game between the San Fransisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens...
We went to a friend's birthday party at 'Artist for A Day' (paint your own pottery store)....Love this Picasso quotation on the wall..."Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one once he growns up."


Some fantastic artwork displayed at our parish school, St. Christopher's

Below are some simple Valentines we made with just construction paper, scissors, markers, and glue...SO easy and the kids had a ball!!





























We decided to make the same 'Darn Good Chocolate Cake' that we made last year for my husband's birthday...recipe in prior post, http://kensingtonbliss.blogspot.com/2012/01/beverly-vs-martha.html
Best part of cake making...licking the spoons and bowls!
The kids' favorite part, decorating the cake w sprinkles...We were pretty happy with the outcome, let's just hope it tastes good too!



Happy Valentine's Day to ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment