Friday, November 4, 2016

Ponchos and Capes Oh My!

The last couple of years, I posted collections of favorite ponchos and capes...http://kensingtonbliss.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-fall-cape.html  and http://kensingtonbliss.blogspot.com/2015/11/fall-fashion-and-interior-finds.html

I am so happy they are still back in action this fall!  This style can be somewhat tricky as I have found them to be most comfortable with some sort of closure: buttons, zipper, toggle, etc.  Many ponchos are more like huge scarves that seem cute when you first try them on, but to wear them all evening, you feel like you are wrestling an alligator.  Also, I find that armholes are helpful as well so the fabric does not bunch up too much in the chest.  Finally, in terms of seasons, these sadly have a rather short shelf life (at least in Cleveland) since they are not practical to wear under a heavier coat...so this is more of an early fall item.  But, I still love this classic throw-back to vintage-style outerwear, super fun, cozy and warm!!

I collected a few new favorites below...Enjoy and Happy Fall Y'all!
Talbots Faux Fur Collar Cape
ASOS Military Cape

Ann Taylor Shawl Collar Cape


Draper James Georgia Plaid Cape


2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to experiment with knitting beyond the basics, and your post has given me the perfect opportunity. Fringe-tastic ponchos are both trendy and timeless, making them an excellent choice to showcase my knitting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My go-to statement piece is a poncho." They instantly boost any ensemble, whether it's a vivid pattern or a neutral tone, adding a touch of warmth and an abundance of elegance.
    PONCHO

    ReplyDelete