Thursday, October 14, 2021

Fall Fashion Picks...

I have missed blogging about light-hearted things such as 'Fall Fashion Picks" OR hashing out the best and worst dressed from the Oscars Red Carpet....Lately, we have experienced a couple deaths in our family/friend circle, so I decided to lighten things up with a good-old-fashioned blog post on Fall Fashion πŸ˜‚

My fall fashion picks include faux leather (can be cute, who knew?), the perennial leopard/cheetah trend, the always-fun colorblock, the ponchos/short-sleeved sweaters, and the moto jackets which are perfect for fall weather. Meanwhile, I just can't wrap my head around some other fall trends (i.e. the "shacket"). They certainly look comfy, but remind me of the oversized plaid flannel shirts we used to wear in college Circa 1995? Somehow people manage to make them look cute, but I just keep seeing '1995 grunge' when I have tried them on. But they get an A+ for comfort factor! πŸ˜‚For the faux leather trend, I prefer the styles that are more simplified, since the material is inherently edgy....Wide bold striped or color-blocked sweaters seem to be a big hit...The oh-so-comfy mules and cowboy boots are back in action, thankfully!  While I am never too enthusiastic to kiss our summers good-bye (if you live in Cleveland, you have to embrace the warm weather while it lasts!) I do admit to loving fall pumpkin - most everything! If you are local, I highly recommend the pumpkin cookies at Blackbird Bakery in Lakewood if you have the chance. Happy Fall!
Mulberry and King, Vegan Leather Top, no longer available
(I love the mix of edgy material w classic style)

Tuckernuck Cognac Leather Faye Blouse

Bagatelle Faux Leather & Faux Suede Jacket

Levi's Faux Leather Moto Jacket
(love the cognac color of this)

BB Dakota Up to Speed Faux Leather Moto
(I love how this one has minimal hardware)

BB Dakota Jet Set Moto Jacket
(this lighter color is perfect for both fall and spring!)

Blanc Noir Asym Hooded Moto
(unique sporty style)

THML Faux Leather Blouse

Tuckernuck Marant Shirt Jacket
OK, this is the one “shacket” I love! 

Tuckernuck Marant Shirt Jacket
 OK, this is the one “shacket” I love - another color (also comes in black)! 


LOFT colorblock poncho sweater


Two Tone Raglan Colorblock Sweater

Talbots Colorblock Mockneck Pullover

Vince Camuto Colorblock Sweater (color no longer available at Nordstrom)

Colorblock Drop Shoulder Sweater
(ready for a Browns game!)

J.Crew Factory Button Jacquard Pullover Sweater
J.Crew Colorblock Turtleneck Sweater (Sold Out)

Great Escape Teal Leopard Top
(love the monochromatic shades of blue)

Vineyard Vines Leopard Tiered Dress

Demi Leopard Ruffle Sleeve Top

Vince Camuto Chevron Leopard Scarf

Marnie Leopard Printed Mule

La Fiorentina Faux Fur Infinity Scarf

Tahoe Cable Knit Short Sleeve T.Neck Sweater

H&M Sleeveless Hoodie

LOFT Ombre Turtleneck Sweater
(love the Western vibe of this!)

Free Assembly Women's Barn Jacket w Corduroy Collar
(great bargain find at Walmart!)


No comments:

Post a Comment