Monday, December 31, 2012

Easy Holiday Crafts for Kids

I discovered a couple of easy holiday craft projects for my children to do at home this year.  All you need is construction paper, scissors, and glue.  I found inspiration from a fall art project my first grader did at school.  They tore little pieces of red, orange, yellow, and brown construction paper and glued them inside a cut out of a giant acorn, creating a mosaic effect in pretty fall colors.  I decided to use the same process to make 'mosaic' Christmas trees.
Our second craft project was to make colorful variations of 'Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer' out of simple cut out pieces for antlers, his face, eyes, and nose.  Then, I decided to simply tape these colorful festive pictures to existing frames in our family room for temporary holiday display.  See below for examples.






















No comments:

Post a Comment